Learn more about the network of water experts at the BEM cluster.
- Blue Economy Mikkeli
- Wastewater treatment plant
- BEM Centre of Excellence
- BEM cluster
- Contact information and organisation
- EcoS environmental information platform
Home | Blue Economy Mikkeli | BEM cluster | Activities in the cluster
Activities in the Blue Economy Mikkeli cluster
1. Activating export projects
The cluster seeks leads on international competitive tendering processes and projects, and it compiles solutions from among the companies in the cluster.
2. Collaboration and contacts with the European Commission’s cooperation networks and actors in Water Smart Territories, the European Commission’s smart specialisation network
European Cluster Collaboration Platform.
EU office of Eastern and Northern Finland
2. International marketing of Finnish water expertise
at trade fairs and events, in networks, and digitally.
4. Innovation activities, RDI projects
The cluster can help to identify the right contacts, research institutes, and universities. The cluster strengthens the networks between actors to initiate business-oriented RDI activities.
The cluster monitors various funding programmes and keeps its members informed of opportunities under such programmes. The cluster takes part in European projects to strengthen innovation activities and searches for European partners for its companies.
5. The cluster monitors international developments in the water sector
and acquires information about national and regional regulations related to the water supply.
National and international trade fairs. Companies have the opportunity to participate in the cluster’s fair booth.
7. Company-specific services
Location services for companies setting up in Mikkeli,
Members of the BEM cluster
Become a member of the cluster
All companies interested in the water sector, are invited to join the BEM cluster!